Candidate & Campaign Training
“[My victory] began with the expert Candidate and Campaign Training I received through the Gay & Lesbian Victory Institute, which provided the guidance, skills and support I needed to run for a seat that no Democrat had won in more than 25 years – and no woman had ever won.” -- Sheriff Lupe Valdez, first Latina lesbian sheriff elected in the United States
We'll show you how to win
Political campaigns are both art and science, but most people only pay attention to the art. That's where we come in.
Understanding how to develop a winning strategy that uses campaign tools effectively is what leads a campaign to victory. Our Candidate and Campaign Trainings provide comprehensive, non-partisan training to present and future LGBT candidates, campaign staff and community leaders. Trainees learn necessary skills and strategies by engaging in tough, realistic campaign situations.
We've trained hundreds of openly LGBT candidates and campaign workers how to build winning campaigns.
Join us at one of our upcoming Candidate and Campaign Trainings.
|Atlanta, Ga.||May 30 - June 2, 2013
|Washington, DC||September 2013
|Denver, Colo.||Dec. 4 - 7, 2013
Want more info?
- Check out the feature in the New York Times
- Review the training format and agenda
- Read the biographies of the faculty
- See the training curriculum
- Get answers to frequently asked questions
- Read additional testimonials
Ready to apply?
A few Candidate and Campaign Training alumni
- State Representative Nickie Antonio--Ohio
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin--Wisconsin
- State Representative Simone Bell--Georgia
- State Senator Al McAffrey--Oklahoma
- Houston Mayor Annise Parker--Texas
- U.S. Representative Jared Polis--Colorado
- State Representative Patricia Todd--Alabama
- Sheriff Lupe Valdez--Texas
- State Representative Kathy Webb--Arkansas